Cadmus is seeking an Analyst to join the Sustainable Transportation Practice. The Sustainable Transportation Practice supports Cadmus’s clients in streamlining and increasing the efficiency of transportation practices and programs through methods that reduce harmful emissions, save energy, and minimize waste. Our sustainable transportation solutions help reduce fossil fuel dependence and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, protect critical assets, increase safety, and support healthy communities and habitats, while also managing costs across the life cycle.
We are looking for a motivated and creative junior-level candidate seeking a hands-on introduction to consulting as part of one of the nation’s leading sustainable transportation firms.
• Apply analytical problem solving skills for data collection and quantitative analysis.
• Research and write high-quality memos, reports, and other deliverables for clients.
• Conduct literature searches and reviews on technical topics to support policy decisions and assess the impacts of policy decisions.
• Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and synthesize information.
• Support word processing, technical editing, document formatting, meeting planning, and note taking.
• Provide logistical and administrative support for Cadmus project teams.
• Up to 2 years of professional experience plus Bachelor’s degree in any of these fields: transportation, urban planning, engineering, economics or other quantitative social science, public policy, environmental studies, OR, Master’s degree in one of these fields, with no or limited professional experience.
• Skills in interpreting and analyzing data.
• Experience developing clearly written, concise reports on technical subject matter.
• Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace.
• Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills.
• Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
• Background or interest in sustainable transportation-related topics such as livability, community engagement, environmental justice, land use planning, bike/ped issues, air quality, or environmental assessment, is a plus.
The work location will be Cadmus’s Bethesda, MD office.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter listing your interest and relevant qualifications. Also include a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates your ability to synthesize large amounts of information (any topic) into a concise and actionable summary.
Cadmus is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status.
To learn more about the exciting work we do, please visit our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com